WHAT IS RIGID POLYURETHANE FOAM (PUR/PIR) ?
POLYURETHANE INSULATION is most energy eﬃficient rigid thermal insulation material with closed cell structure.
It can be used as thermal insulation in roof, walls, and refrigerators, cold stores, pipe insulations, water heaters, sandwich panels, metal doors etc,.
SAPTEX BLENDED POLYOL and SAPTEX MDI are key components used in polyurethane insulation products either by spray application or injection process.
In polyurethane industry, formulated polyol is called component “A” and MDI is called B-component . The polyurethane foam is manufactured by reacting blended/ formulat-ed polyol with MDI at pre-arranged conditions.
RIGID POLYURETHANE FOAM INSULATION MATERIALS (PUR/PIR)
WHY IS POLYURETHANE?
- The most important property of an insulation material is its thermal insulation Performance. The yardstick for such insulation performance is low thermal conductivi-ty or high thermal resistance (R value).
- Good Compressive strength.
- Insulation materials made of rigid polyurethane foam (PUR/PIR).
- Rigid and light weight.
- Reducing energy consumption and emissions resulting energy saving.
- The insulation eﬃficiency of rigid polyurethane foam (PUR/ PIR) is a key property for the low temperature preservation.
- PU-Products have extremely low thermal conductivity values and can achieve optimal energy savings
Picture: Energy savings with rigid polyurethane foam (PUR/ PIR) insulation over a peri-od of 50 years